07 Mar Ixifi
What is Ixifi?
Inflectra is also sold under other names such as Avsola, Inflectra, Remicade, Renflexis, and Infliximab. It is used to treat inflammatory autoimmune diseases.
Autoimmune diseases occur when natural immune responses in the body go into hyperdrive, causing the body to attack healthy tissues. A natural protein called tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-Alpha) causes inflammation in the body to alert the immune system when there is a problem. When there is an excess of TNF, a healthy body will discard it. However, people with autoimmune and inflammatory diseases are unable to control this over-production of TNF. This leads to the painful inflammation seen with arthritis, Crohn’s, and other debilitating, inflammatory autoimmune diseases.
Ixifi works by binding to the extra TNF- Alpha proteins so it cannot continue to harm the body. Therefore, inflammation and further joint damage is prevented.
What does Ixifi treat?
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Plaque Psoriasis
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Respiratoy infections
- Sore throat
- Stomach pain
- Low blood pressure
Click here for additional side effects
Given at week: 0, 2, 6, and then every 8 weeks
What to Expect During Your Infusion
Before your infusion, it is important to drink plenty of water and come to your appointment hydrated. Additionally, you must alert us as soon as possible to any changes in your insurance to ensure that we are still an in-network provider for your infusion therapy.
- Your dedicated Infusion nurse will check your vitals and review your medical history to check for improvements or potential side effects of your infusion therapy.
- Your nurse will begin your infusion and check in on you periodically during your treatment.
- After your infusion, your nurse will monitor you for 30 minutes to ensure you do not have any complications or reactions to the infusion therapy.
Why patients choose Pure to receive their Ixifi infusion:
Safe & Private Suites
- Comfortable, private rooms with a relaxing, spa-like atmosphere
- 55” TVs with Netflix, Wifi, drinks, snacks, meals & more
Expert Medical Staff
- Certified FNPs & infusion nurses on-site
- Insurance pre-authorizations & re-authorizations
- Patient lab work
- Co-Pay assistance & other financial aid programs
- Flexible scheduling
- Easy & convenient parking