20 Feb Infliximab
What is Infliximab?
Infliximab is sold under other names such as Avsola, Inflectra, Remicade, Renflexis, and Ixifi. It is used to treat autoimmune conditions such as psoriatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, plaque psoriasis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and ankylosing spondylitis.
These medications block a protein in your immune system called TNF alpha (tumor necrosis factor). TNF alpha causes inflammation. When you have Chron’s, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis or psoriasis. your body produces too much TNF-alpha which typically regulates immune health and inflammation in the body.
Too many TNF alpha cells in your immune system can lead to your body mistakenly attacking cells in the GI tract, joints, spine or skin leading to inflammation.
What does Infliximab treat?
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Plaque Psoriasis
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Infusion related reactions
- Abdominal pain
Click here for additional side effects
Frequency depends on symptom management and can range from every 4-8 weeks
What to Expect During Your Infusion
Before your infusion, it is important to drink plenty of water and come to your appointment hydrated. Additionally, you must alert us as soon as possible to any changes in your insurance to ensure that we are still an in-network provider for your infusion therapy.
- Your dedicated Infusion nurse will check your vitals and review your medical history to check for improvements or potential side effects of your infusion therapy.
- Your nurse will begin your infusion and check in on you periodically during your treatment.
- After your infusion, your nurse will monitor you for 30 minutes to ensure you do not have any complications or reactions to the infusion therapy.
Why patients choose Pure to receive their Infliximab infusion:
Safe & Private Suites
- Comfortable, private rooms with a relaxing, spa-like atmosphere
- 55” TVs with Netflix, Wifi, drinks, snacks, meals & more
Expert Medical Staff
- Certified FNPs & infusion nurses on-site
- Insurance pre-authorizations & re-authorizations
- Patient lab work
- Co-Pay assistance & other financial aid programs
- Flexible scheduling
- Easy & convenient parking