27 Dec Evenity
What is Evenity?
Evenity (romosozumab-aqqg) is a biologic infusion that is used to treat bone loss in post-menopausal women suffering from osteoporosis.
Evenity is often one of the last medications used by providers to treat osteoporosis and is only prescribed for women who are high risk of fracture and have exhausted other options.
Osteoporosis can be treated in two very different ways: stopping bone loss, or promoting bone formation. Evenity is a monoclonal antibody that works by blocking the effect of sclerostin, or in other words, it is a sclerostin inhibitor. Sclerostin is a protein that stops bone cells from producing. Evenity does not stop bone loss, but rather it blocks sclerostin to allow for new bone growth.
Evenity has been proven to reduce spinal fracture risk by 73%. Often, patients will be asked to take calcium and vitamin D supplements while receiving this medication.
What does Evenity treat?
- Low calcium levels
- Jaw pain
- Hip or thigh pain
- Injection site reaction
Click here for additional side effects
Each dose of Evenity is given as 2 subcutaneous injections just under the skin
Monthly for 1 year
What to Expect During Your Infusion
Before your infusion, it is important to drink plenty of water and come to your appointment hydrated. Additionally, you must alert us as soon as possible to any changes in your insurance to ensure that we are still an in-network provider for your infusion therapy.
- Your dedicated Infusion nurse will check your vitals and review your medical history to check for improvements or potential side effects of your infusion therapy.
- Your nurse will begin your infusion and check in on you periodically during your treatment.
- After your infusion, your nurse will monitor you for 30 minutes to ensure you do not have any complications or reactions to the infusion therapy.
Why patients choose Pure to receive their Evenity infusion:
Safe & Private Suites
- Comfortable, private rooms with a relaxing, spa-like atmosphere
- 55” TVs with Netflix, Wifi, drinks, snacks, meals & more
Expert Medical Staff
- Certified FNPs & infusion nurses on-site
- Insurance pre-authorizations & re-authorizations
- Patient lab work
- Co-pay assistance & other financial aid programs
- Flexible scheduling
- Easy & convenient parking
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.