22 Feb Saphnelo
What is Saphnelo?
Saphnelo was approved in 2021 by the FDA as the first every treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), the most common form of lupus.
Lupus is a debilitating autoimmune disease that can cause severe inflammation in almost every organ and joint in the body. It is not typical for lupus to affect all organ systems at once, but if the disease is not managed appropriately it can lead to severe complications.
Although Lupus affects each patient differently, it is common for people living with SLE to have overreactive type 1 interferon (IFN-1). IFN-1 are cytokines that are responsible for activating the body’s immune response. When IFN-1 is overactive, it can cause your immune system to attack itself.
Saphnelo works by blocking IFN-1 activity, which prevents your body from attacking healthy tissues throughout your body.
What does Saphnelo treat?
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Upper respiratory infection
- Infusion reaction
Click here for additional side effects
What to Expect During Your Infusion
Before your infusion, it is important to drink plenty of water and come to your appointment hydrated. Additionally, you must alert us as soon as possible to any changes in your insurance to ensure that we are still an in-network provider for your infusion therapy.
- Your dedicated Infusion nurse will check your vitals and review your medical history to check for improvements or potential side effects of your infusion therapy.
- Your nurse will begin your infusion and check in on you periodically during your treatment.
- After your infusion, your nurse will monitor you for 30 minutes to ensure you do not have any complications or reactions to the infusion therapy.
Why patients choose Pure to receive their Saphnelo infusion:
Safe & Private Suites
- Comfortable, private rooms with a relaxing, spa-like atmosphere
- 55” TVs with Netflix, Wifi, drinks, snacks, meals & more
Expert Medical Staff
- Certified FNPs & infusion nurses on-site
- Insurance pre-authorizations & re-authorizations
- Patient lab work
- Co-Pay assistance & other financial aid programs
- Flexible scheduling
- Easy & convenient parking