Location: Boise, Idaho
Summary: Under the supervision of the Nursing Coordinator, the staff nurse provides clinical nursing services and support during infusion clinics, including patient education and patient management.
Specific Duties (examples)
- Place Peripheral Lines for new patients, teach infusion patients how to self-administer medications. Document same in Medical Record.
- Eprescribe prescriptions at doctor’s order and communicate to pharmacies.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) Standards of Nursing Practice; 2) JCAHO, state and local laws; 3) MIC policy.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Job Requirements: Must have a valid ID, RN license.